Additional authorisation for a plant protection product
It is possible to obtain an additional authorisation in order to put an already authorised plant protection product on the market under another trade name. You can obtain such an additional authorisation by applying for a new product authorisation.
If you want to put an already authorised plant protection product on the market, under another trade name, there are two alternatives. You can apply for a new authorisation or for a parallel trade permit.
If the legislation has not been amended, you may apply for a new authorisation based on an existing authorisation, without performing a new risk assessment. The new authorisation cannot be extended or amended, as compared to the existing one. However, it is possible to entirely remove one or several areas of use.
Content of your application
The application for a new authorisation based on an existing authorisation must contain:
- An application form including information about which existing product you want to refer to.
- A formal declaration that no new legislation since the decision of the existing product is applicable.
- A GAP table containing the intended uses that you want to apply for.
- If applicable, a Letter of Access for data protected test and study reports.
- If applicable, a Letter of attorney granting access to confidential information, e.g. the product's composition.
The application fee will be 20 000 SEK. The fee will be invoiced and shall be paid in conjunction with the submission of your application.
If we conclude that the conditions, listed above for granting an authorisation without performing a new risk assessment, are not fulfilled, we will contact you. You will then have the opportunity to either withdraw your application or submit supplementary information.