Apply for authorisation

You need authorisation by the Swedish Chemicals Agency to sell or use pesticides in Sweden. A pesticide is a plant protection product or a biocidal product.

Plant protection products

Plant protection products are pesticides used mainly to protect plants and plant products in agriculture, forestry and horticulture.

Go to the application guide for plant protection products

Biocidal products

Biocidal products are all other pesticides, such as disinfectants, wood preservatives, mosquito repellents, rodenticides, and anti-fouling paints.

Go to the application guide for biocidal products

Things you need to know before you apply

Look at this flow chart to find out if you need to apply for authorisation for your biocidal product and if so, which set of regulations you should follow.


Click to enlarge the picture. 

Flow chart that describe what type of application to choose for a biocidal produkt.


Read more about the biocidal product regulation.