Detergents and cleaning products can irritate the skin and eyes or airways, above all if they are in concentrated form. Some may give rise to an allergic reaction. If the product is corrosive, it may cause serious damage even after only brief contact. Products which may pose a particular risk are dishwasher detergents, decalcification agents or oven cleaners.
Use detergents and cleaning products in the right way. Read the instructions on the packaging. Protect yourself by using rubber gloves and protective glasses if you must use especially strong agents. Note the warning label and read the information so that you can protect yourself and handle the product in a safe way.
Ensure that children are not able to get at the product. Call 112 and ask for Poison Information if a child gets into or on to its body a substance that may be hazardous.