The Swedish Chemicals Agency logo
The Swedish Chemicals Agency logo

A company must apply in writing to the Swedish Chemicals Agency for a permit to become a commercial agent.

If you have a commercial agent permit and you are reporting products and quantities on behalf of another party, you must pay a chemical charge to the Products Register.

Review of the process for commercial agents

In 2017, the Swedish Chemicals Agency will review the process of application for commercial agents. This means that no new permits to become a commercial agent will be issued in 2016. Companies who already have a permit valid for 2016 do not need to submit a new application, but report their quantities for 2016 in our new web portal by 28 February 2017.

For the reporting year 2017, applications to become a commercial agent need to be submitted by 1 November 2017. The necessary information and documents for the application will be made available through the Products Register homepage.

If you engage a commercial agent

If you engage a commercial agent to register your products, you must nevertheless report your activity to the Products Register.

Even though you are engaging a commercial agent, you are responsible for ensuring that your products are reported. Check with your agent to ensure that the information is submitted. The Company Register lists companies that have obtained permits by acting as commercial agents. 

The Company Register

Contact the Products Register

+468-519 41 100

  • Monday 09:00–11:00
  • Tuesday 09:00–11:00
  • Wednesday 09:00–11:00
  • Thursday 13:00–15:00
  • Friday 09:00–11:00

Fax: +468-82 55 08

Different opening hours

Thursday 19 October the Products Register phone line will be closed due to internal training.