The Swedish Chemicals Agency logo
The Swedish Chemicals Agency logo

The Swedish Chemicals Agency uses the Products Register to store information on chemical products and biotechnical organisms that are manufactured in or transferred or imported into Sweden and information on the ways in which these are being used. Anyone manufacturing or importing products that have to be reported must provide this information to the Agency.

Time for the annual reporting

In the beginning of January a reminder that it is time for the annual reporting to the Products Register is sent to the registered companies. The annual reporting shall be done no later than the 28 February 2017. Use the web-portal for the reporting.

Go to the web-portal for products registration.

How should you report and what shall be reported?

All reporting to the Products Register is done via our web-portal.

If your products fall under the obligation to report, the following steps should be taken:

  1. Report activity
    You must submit an activity report regardless of how much of a notifiable product you manufacture or imports into Sweden. The activity report must be submitted to the products register no later than when you start your activity.
    Activity report form (PDF) | Activity report form (DOC) (In Swedish)
  2. Product Registration
    If the annual volume per product is at least 100 kg, you must also report the products. The products shall be reported as soon as possible, but no later than 28 February the year after import/production of the products started.
  3. Annual reporting of quantities
    If you have reported products, you must also report the amount you manufacture or import into Sweden annually. At the beginning of each year, you will be reminded of the annual revision of the information submitted to the Products Register. Produce the accounting report in time for it to be filed in the Products Register no later than 12 pm on 28 February.

Is your product a pesticide?

If your product is a notifiable chemical pesticide, you must also, in addition to reporting it, apply for an authorisation for approval before you may sell and use it in Sweden.

If you can't make it in time

The annual accounting report must be submitted to the Swedish Chemicals Agency by 28 February. A delayed accounting report may result in an environmental sanction charge. If there are circumstances out of your control causing a delay, you may apply for an extended time to report.

In order to grant you an extended time to report, you must submit a written application. Such applications must be submitted to the Swedish Chemicals Agency by 28 February. In the application you must state the reasons that prevented you from submitting the data. Reasons that commonly may be considered to be out of your control can be serious illness, fire or other serious circumstances. Normally, we may grant a one-month deferment.

If such a severe circumstance affect you or your business, in a way that you will not be able to report in time, nor to apply for deferment, we will take this into consideration in the decision of environmental sanction charge.

Contact the Products Register

+468-519 41 183

  • Monday 09:00–11:00 and 13:00–15:00
  • Tuesday 09:00–11:00 and 13:00–15:00
  • Wednesday 09:00–11:00
  • Thursday 09:00–11:00 and 13:00–15:00
  • Friday 09:00–11:00

Fax: +468-82 55 08